Hotspot System provides hotspot management and billing services for businesses or individuals who want to provide internet for their customers.
FirstSpot® is all about ease-of-use and giving you unprecedented control on your hotspots. Compare to other hotspot management system, FirstSpot® Windows architecture and server-based pricing gives you the most flexibility in structuring your hotspot access plan. Instead of just offering plain Wi-Fi access, building Wi-Fi Hotspots quickly becomes an important corporate image exercise.
FirstSpot® is the number one Windows hotspot software in the world and has been deployed in more than 45 countries worldwide, they come from a variety of industry segments including hotels, coffee shops, ISPs, Internet cafes, libraries, legal firms, governments and more.
you will find these hotspot-oriented features come alive on your Windows platform:
• Web-based login, no extra client required
• Intelligent Info Box showing users information (e.g. access minutes remaining, logout button, announcement - useful for sending promotion, time left reminder)
• Configurable Instant Keywords™ support (e.g. typing "logout" in the browser address bar to logout the user). Also support Anonymous Option
• Universal clients support - Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (IE, Firefox and Chrome), iPhone, Google Android (has optimized login page (new)) and MAC OS
• In-browser message - That shows message within the active browsing session. The following formats are currently supported: message broadcast, disconnect reminder, always-on InfoBox, Internet surfing break, top banner mode.
Hotspot Network Management
• Different Authentication Modes - username & password, Scratch Code (e.g. just enter a unique number or text to login), anonymous (i.e. simply click okay inside the welcome portal to start surfing), Multiple Logins (through the normal username/password and Scratch Code mode, or Shared Secret
• Username can bind to the first login client MAC address
• Use MAC as username - mode of login that users only need to enter password. Also support passive login that users don't need to enter anything at all (e.g. useful for IP phone or NDS/PSP)
• Login Once - User needs to login once initially and all subsequent access will be automatic.
• Free Access - a new way for new user to try the service which he doesn't need to perform self sign-up and create a username.
• Bandwidth throttling - applying limits on bandwidth consumption globally or down to per-user level to stop network abuse and flexible bandwidth throttling mode which only enable when the total upload or download bandwidth utilization has reached a certain limit.
• Client pass-through - allowing devices with certain MAC/IP addresses to pass-through without login
• Client Isolation - prevent clients PC from seeing one and other in Windows network browser
• IP Block List with block page- Block list which will block IP address range (useful for blocking Intranet)
• Client Black List with block page- ability to block offending client PC
• Port Filtering - allows administrator to enable limited application access (e.g. web only.
• Blackout Period - block Internet access during a certain time period within a day (e.g. 7pm - 10pm)
For a Profitable Hotspot
• Versatile tracking models including:
i) access minutes (i.e. airtime credit) - e.g. coffee shop
• Data Transfer tracking and Quota System.
• Prepaid card printout through the one-click user creation Quick Add feature or Bulk Accounts creation - e.g. coffee shop can give out prepaid card once customers make a certain amount of purchase.
• Comprehensive usage log - including time, duration, data transfer, client MAC/IP addresses of client machines, and destination URL tracking (DHCP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, POP3, POP3S, SMTP, SSL, Telnet or other customized ports)
• Extensive reporting feature.
• One-click login page customization - options to change (or randomize, useful for advertisement) the graphics, font type and size in the standard login page. Streamline login page that breaks down into different sections.
• Different login pages for different network segments, per network segment user account.
• Dynamic Multiple Languages Support - FirstSpot will present appropriate language to the end-users based on client settings.
• FirstSpot® API - allows administrator to modify and query user account information programmatically while maintaining data integrity.
• Exception free web site support (can handle wildcard sub-domain name format e.g. *.google.com) - e.g. shopping mall can make the tenants' web site free while restricting other normal surfing
• NAT with Real IP for client PC (e.g. premium package for hotel or Internet cafe) and Port Forwarding support.
• Load Balancing with Failover - setup a second FirstSpot server for load balancing and backup in case the first one fails.
• support Dual Internet Connection (sometimes also known as Dual WAN)
• QoS - ensure certain applications (e.g. VoIP - Skype, SIP) to get guaranteed bandwidth.
• Operator accounts - administrator can define operator accounts with different access levels.
• Option to remove inactive user accounts automatically
Multiple components and functions are required:
- Duel Core or Core i 3 PC computer, running Windows OS (XP/Vista/7).
- 2 Network cards (USB or Ethernet network card).
- Wi-Fi access points or routers.
- Working internet connection.